Jeffersonville & Louisville
Come visit us in beautiful Jeffersonville, Indiana, with easy access to nearby Louisville.
You're one step closer to achieving your career goal!
We are pleased to learn of your interest in pursuing studies at Mid-America College of Funeral Service. Our associates program, bachelors program and funeral director certificate program is affordable, acclaimed, and student centered. We combine extraordinary faculty with real-world studies. We have an exceptionally diverse student population and an unparalleled support for your goals. For additional information on applying or attending our college, please contact our Admissions Office by emailing email@example.com or call 812-288-8878. We look forward to answering all your questions or give you a tour!
The application form for enrollment for the college should be secured from the Office of Admissions of the college or apply here online. The completed application should be returned as far in advance as possible of the actual enrollment date to allow for proper processing of the application.
Educational requirements are prescribed by statute as well as rules and regulations of the funeral service licensing board of the state in which a student desires to obtain licensure following graduation from Mid-America College of Funeral Service. It is essential that an applicant be familiar with these requirements before enrollment. Licensing criteria vary considerably from state to state so it is strongly recommended that the applicant contact the state licensing board or the Admissions Office to insure compliance in advance of graduation; students may also visit https://mid-america.edu/academics/licensing, for further information on Licensing. The minimum requirement for admission in all cases is high school graduation or its equivalent.
Application and Acceptance
The application for matriculation should be completed online at https://mid-america.edu/apply. In addition, the following items are required for admission and acceptance to the College:
- A completed application for the program desired
- The $50.00 non-refundable application fee;
- Applicants must complete a set of enrollment documents through Docusign for the desired program;
- A high school transcript certifying graduation or a GED certificate and scores sent directly to the college from the certifier, or an equivalency is required;
- Indiana Law requires a student to attend school until he graduates or turns 18 unless he/she is between age 16 and 18 and his/her parents and the school principal consent in writing to his withdrawal at an exit interview (Indiana Code, Sec. 20-8. 1-3-17);
- Official transcripts from all other educational institutions previously attended by the applicant should also be sent directly to the college from the certifier;
- A recent photograph for ID purposes only;
a. A driver’s license or state identification card is preferred
- Successfully completed entrance assessments and earned the minimum score of 305 in the verbal section and 295 in the quantitative section (this is NOT required for applicants to the Bachelor of Science in Funeral Service Management Degree Program or any of the certificate programs);
- Specific to ONLY the Bachelor of Science in Funeral Service Management Degree Program, the applicant must provide the following:
a. Proof of Graduation from an American Board of Funeral Service Education-
accredited Associate Degree Program
b. At least one of the following:
i. Proof of successfully passing both the Arts and Sciences sections of the
National Board Exam, and/or;
ii. Proof of current licensure as a Funeral Director/Embalmer in your state of
The college reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant when it is considered to be in the best interest of the College, staff, faculty, students and the funeral service profession.
When the application and required admissions documentation have been submitted to the Admissions Office, your application will be processed, and an admissions decision will be made. Should there be any missing documents, you may be contacted via e-mail to provide them prior to an approval of acceptance.
As of July 1, 2022, Pierce Mortuary Colleges will no longer be accepting International Students.