Jeffersonville & Louisville
Come visit us in beautiful Jeffersonville, Indiana, with easy access to nearby Louisville.
Mid-America College of Funeral Service, March 2, 2019 @ 10AM EST (9AM CST) to Noon EST (11AM CST)
Careers - Work With Us
Mid-America College of Funeral Service strives to bring excellence to the campus through a variety of backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce. The College offers competitive salaries and benefits, an extensive support network, and above all, an enriching and highly collaborative community that is deeply passionate about our vision for funeral service higher education and public service. We an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
New opportunities are posted throughout the year, so be sure to check back often.
Working at Mid-America College of Funeral Service means being part of a dynamic, collaborative, and rewarding culture. Join us!
Below are current open positions at a Pierce College of Funeral Service:
at Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service (GJCFS)
Management reserves the right to change or otherwise modify the functions of this job in order to meet the needs of the company. Additional duties may also be assigned. Consideration will be given to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed hereafter are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required to do this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under general supervision plans and implements curriculum and educational programs for students within the program. Communicates class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational objectives.
REPORTS TO: Academic Dean
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops the syllabus for each course assigned based on GJCFS and Pierce Mortuary College criteria. The syllabus is to include learning objectives expressed in behavioral terms.
- Distributes the syllabus to the Academic Dean, the Campus President and to each student at the first scheduled class session.
- Teaches the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relates the instruction to careers and employer expectations.
- Prepare and grades examinations based upon course objectives and published exam schedule and returns all assignments in a timely manner.
- Implements evaluation for outcomes assessment, and achieves established results while maintaining college standards of student satisfaction.
- Works creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
- Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
- Provide tutorial assistance and academic advising to all students when needed.
- Leaves the classroom or laboratory clean, organized, and ready for the next user.
- Submits, at the designated time, final grades for all students on the class roster.
- Accurately maintains attendance records in accordance with the Attendance Policy, maintains a separate record of attendance and grades that is clearly labeled and posted electronically at the end of the term.
- Calls all students who are absent and submits written reports of pertinent information to the Academic Dean or Campus President in Campus Dean’s absence.
- Attends faculty meetings, in-service meetings, graduation and other college events as required by the College.
- Dresses professionally in accordance with faculty dress code.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an institution of funeral service education accredited by the American Board (ABFSE). Not required for General Education Instructors.
- Master’s degree preferred. Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or the ability to earn a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university within five years of their initial appointment date. (Bachelor’s degree in Funeral Service is a plus).
- Must hold a current and valid state licenses as a funeral director and Embalmer. Not required for General Education Instructors.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a licensed funeral director and 2 years’ experience as an active embalmer is preferred. For General Education Instructors – a minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students, staff, and community from diverse backgrounds and commitment to a culturally diverse work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to develop winning strategies that help promote growth, development and excellent student, staff and faculty outcomes.
- Ability to manage the flow of day-to-day operations in conjunction with campus leadership team if necessary.
- Experience with providing training and developing to large and small groups.
- Ability to develop and monitor team member or student participation to ensure the training they are being provided is being put into use, and to see if any additional training is needed.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.