Jeffersonville & Louisville
Come visit us in beautiful Jeffersonville, Indiana, with easy access to nearby Louisville.
Mid-America College of Funeral Service, Saturday, August 24, 2019 @ 10AM EST (9AM CST) to Noon EST (11AM CST)
Today, Mid-America College proudly continues to provide a timely learning experience for its students, with a foundation firmly rooted in a century of tradition established by its predecessors–the Kentucky School of Mortuary Science, founded in Louisville, Kentucky in 1895, and the Indiana College of Mortuary Science, founded in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1905.
- Social Security Administration
- State Boards of Mortuary Science and Funeral Service
- State Approval for Veteran Training
- State Approval for Vocational Rehabilitation Training
- The National Association of Colleges of Mortuary Science
- The Indiana Funeral Directors Association
- The Funeral Directors Association of Kentucky
- Ottawa University - Indiana, Jeffersonville, Indiana
- Argosy University
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (P.L. 88-32) we accept students without regard to race, color, sex, creed, disability, or national origin.
The mission of Mid-America College of Funeral Service is to provide a contemporary education for those having chosen funeral service as their life's work that will enable the student to become a successful entry-level funeral service practitioner by:
- inspiring in each student a desire to achieve proficiency and efficiency in the practical skills of embalming and restorative art, and
- preparing each student to become an effective funeral home manager or owner with acquired management skills firmly conceived in proven, successful business fundamentals, principles and practices, and
- promoting within each student a better understanding of the complexities and dynamics of grief, the ability to better anticipate the needs of those bereaved, and to more fully appreciate the role and central value of the funeral service practitioner as a caregiver in the community.
Mid-America College of Funeral Service is a non-profit corporation offering post- secondary education to men and women interested in funeral service as a career.
The central aim of the College is to recognize the importance of funeral service education personnel as:
- members of a human service profession;
- members of the community in which they serve;
- participants in the relationship between bereaved families and those engaged in the funeral service profession;
- professionals knowledgeable of and compliant with federal, state, provincial / territorial, and local regulatory guidelines (in the geographic area where they practice) as well as
- professionals sensitive to the responsibility for public health, safety, and welfare in caring for human remains.
Objectives of the College
The objectives of Mid-America College of Funeral Service reinforce its mission statement and institutional aims. To that end, the College will strive to:
- enlarge the background and knowledge of students about the funeral service profession;
- educate students in every phase of funeral service and to help enable them to develop proficiency and skills necessary for the profession;
- educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral service profession to the community at large;
- emphasize high standards of ethical conduct;
- provide a curriculum at the post-secondary level of instruction, and
- encourage student and faculty research in the field of funeral service.